Disclaimer:1) The review below , written by me (Shefali) ,is solely an opinion on the book and story. This is purely my view about the story and no negative feedback given is because of my personal vendetta. Thank you for understanding.
2) Some links used are affiliate links, if you purchase from these links I'll get some money in return which will help me creating new content. So please, use the linksπ.
ROSES ARE BLOOD RED
TITLE : Roses are blood red
AUTHOR : Novoneel Chakraborty
RATINGS : 1.5/5 π
PUBLISHER : Penguin India
PRICE : Rs199
PAGES : 280
GOOD READ SYNOPSIS :
I'll gift you a love story that every girl desires, but few get to live.'
He'd told me once. And boy, did he stick to his words! Vanav Thakur is the perfect boyfriend that any girl can have. He ticks every box you can ever have for your Mr Right. Trust me on this. He cares for me, respects me, never objectifies me, never says no to me for anything, understands me, is progressive and has no shadow of any male chauvinism in him. Sometimes, I wonder if I really deserve him. My parents, like me, had no option but to accept him as my boyfriend. Everything was hunky dory and I thought I would be that one girl who would never have any relationship hiccup until I stumbled upon the reason behind his perfection.
I'm Aarisha Shergill and my life is about to get ripped apart because I should have known some things should be left alone.
Is love capable of healing the deep wounds which love itself creates within you? Mysteriously thrilling in its essence, Roses Are Blood Red is the haunting story of a passion and eternal love.
Review:
I started this book with very high expectations. It was hyped by bookstagrammers and I thought I should read it as the author is well published and ver famous Indian author. A few pages I read, the book was okish. It was not good but it was ok and I thought maybe it would turnout good at the end but it wasn't. It was very... Lazy... As if Author just set a plot and did no research and wrote the main points only. A lot of things were missing and unexplained. I personally found a lot of things silly in the book and that made me too anxious to put it down. But my roommate kept telling me to read it and said it will get better but it didn't. It wasn't a good story for me.
Things I liked :
1) Easy read:
Book was easy to read for a person who has just started reading as a hobby.
2) Author's hard work :
Author tried to make a thriller , sometimes it seems like he tried too hard.
3) Good preachy moments:
There were some good quotes in this book about love and lust, how we can differentiate between them and a lot more. Well, if you don't want to learn anything , you can also use them as Instagram quotes. π
4) Good points :
Author had made some good points about what love is and how should you treate your partner.
Things I didn't like :
1) Too preachy for my liking :
I think book was too preachy for me sometimes. I like a preachy moment in a moment in a book here and there but it had so many of those that everytime I read about love , lust and what those are , it started irritating me.
2) Worst characters:
I hated how characters were written. They were poorly researched and it felt wtf am I reading. There were so many things wrong with the characters and felt like it was far beyond the reality. Super creepy and psyco man and a sex obsessed girl... Horrible...π©.
3) Weird twist :
I liked how author tried to give twist and turns to the story but he failed. He failed to write a convincing story and worst of all is the ending.π.
4) Not at all convincing story :
The story I read was not at all convincing for me. Author tried hard but ...meh... He failed.
5) Plot holes :
I found myself thinking about how how the characters react at a particular moment because of the similar situations earlier in the story, the characters have different reactions everyone. As a real person if something happens your first instinct is always similar , if it fails then you try to change it and do something else but if it doesn't fail you always do the same thing again and again and this is called pattern. but there was no pattern in what they were doing.
Final review :
I don't like this book. I hope to read another book of this author and I hope I will love that. But if you ask me, I don't feel like picking up his book anytime soon.
Thanks for reading my review on the book. " Roses are blood red ".
If you like the review stick around for more.
-shefali π
Comments
Post a Comment